Sunday, October 7, 2007

iMovie Workshop

I attended the iMovie workshop on October 6th at the C.W. Post campus. Before the workshop, I really wanted to learn the ins and outs of the program. I want to be be able to create fun slideshows and edit video easily and without hassle. The program isn't as easy as I thought it. It is time consuming and somewhat confusing. I hoped to learn a lot, but the time permitted for the workshop was insufficient. I believe if the instructors provided video clips to us instead of the us using time to make video, we would have saved a lot of valuable work time. Learning how to video could be a separate workshop. We really didn't discuss much about the program. I did learn one or two tricks so when I continued to pursue the program on my own I was able to figure some things out. I guess I just wanted to be more efficient when using the program. I am going to try and upload my iMovie I completed today. It took me a long time for a very short movie. Enjoy...it's my family having a corn eating contest as a goof!

4 comments:

Mr. Stein said...

i like the contest video.

the music really pumped me up.

i still can't figure out how to upload the video though. why don't you show me in class on monday?

Danielle said...

Hi! I felt similar about iMovie. It was fun to create the clips, but I think because there were so many versions of iMovie, time seemed to pass by too quickly. I still haven't watched the tutorials, but as of now totally agree that iMovie is more confusing than I would have expected!

Ms. Chiang said...

i LOVE the video - cracks me up every time! =) thanks for posting it.

Adam Dugger said...

Great movie! The soundtrack is perfect!